This high quality, stainless steel temperature gauge – with a large, easy-to-read 2 inch dial – precisely monitors the temperatures inside the dome of an EGG, allowing you to achieve and maintain precise cooking temperatures
- 1. Carefully insert stem from the outside through small hole in dome of the EGG; the silicone washer should remain on the outside of the EGG.
- 2. Carefully reach inside the dome, and slide retaining clip onto the stem. Squeeze the clip so that it slides easily.
- 3. Slide clip up the stem until the silicone washer ts snugly against the exterior of the dome. For accurate reading, thermometer must be installed past the groove on the lower portion of stem as shown in the picture.
This thermometer is calibrated and adjusted at the factory. If you are in high altitudes or wish to check the calibration:
- 1. Bring a clean container of water to a boil.
- 2. Carefully place the end of the thermometer probe into boiling water past the groove on the lower portion of stem. Leave immersed for at least one minute taking care not to let the probe rest on or make contact with the container.
- 3. Boiling point will read 212°F/100°C at sea level. Boiling point decreases approx 2° with each 1000’ of altitude. If the thermometer does not read 212°F/100°C at sea level, calibration can be reset by carefully holding the thermometer head and turning the hex nut with a wrench to move dial in one direction or the other.
- CAUTION – Do not adjust hot thermometer with bare hands!
- CAUTION – Do not hold thermometer with bare hands while placing in boiling water as burns can result!
- CAUTION – Thermometer tip is sharp, do not leave unattended or place within reach of children.
- 750F° / 400C°
- Works with XXLarge, XLarge, Large, Medium, Small and MiniMax EGGs
- Heavy duty construction, hermetically sealed
- 2 in Dial Stainless Steel External Temperature Gauge – 117236